Friday, October 26, 2007

Mike Huckabee in the words of US Presidents - Part 1

I did a whole bunch of 'googling' and research and found a bunch of quotes by President Bush and President Clinton. My intention here is to show that Gov. Huckabee has always been there, we just didn't know about him. I didn't know much about him till a few months ago.

I know Pres. Bush is very unpopular right now. It doesn't matter, just look at the context of the quotes. He's not just mildly praising him, him and Bush worked together when they were both Governors in the 1990's. Enjoy reading these 'historical' quotes!

All the quotes below are from Whitehouse.gov.



April 25, 2001

Budget and Tax Statement by the President
Little Rock National Airport
Little Rock, Arkansas

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all for coming. It's my honor to be back in Arkansas. It's great to be with my friend, the Governor. We got to know each other when I was the Governor of a neighboring state. I respected him then; I continue to hold him in high regard. Governor Huckabee is one of the more popular governors in the country because he's done in office what he said he would do.
----------- ----------------- ---------------
April 30, 2002

Mrs. Bush's Remarks at the Arkansas Early Childhood Cognitive Summit
As Delivered
Little Rock, Arkansas

Thank you very much. Governor and Mrs. Huckabee, thank you for hosting this summit. Mrs. Siegelman, Mrs. Keating, thank you for being here as well.

Today we explore subjects that are important to all of us: America's children and their future.
------- --------------- ----------------
June 3, 2002

President Says Strong Work Requirement Needed in Welfare Reform
Statehouse Convention Center
Little Rock, Arkansas
By the way, it's a nice way to travel I want you to know. I've known you're Governor for a long time. I'm proud to call him friend. I'm really -- I know you're grateful for the job he's doing as the Governor of this important state, and I want to thank him -- (applause.)

Mike's invited me to his church today; I'm going out there to talk about the need to be compassionate for people who hurt. And I can't wait to go. Mike, I want to thank you for the invitation for -- to give me a chance to herald the great faith that exists throughout our country and the importance of faith in the lives of our citizens, and the importance of faith to make sure our nation is as strong and as decent and as hopeful in every neighborhood as conceivably possible. (Applause.) ................

And you can join that army of compassion, too, by mentoring a child. I told you, we're going to Huckabee's church excuse me, Governor Huckabee's church I call him Huckabee. (Laughter.) This is a church which is helping welfare recipients learn a skill so they can work. There's nothing more there's no more there's no better way to earn dignity than to work. And this church understands that. (Applause.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 4, 2002

Remarks by the President at Arkansas Welcome
Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport
Bentonville, Arkansas

THE PRESIDENT: Well, first of all, we're working our way back to Texas because tomorrow is voting day........

And I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one. (Applause.) You not only have a good one, you've got a great one. (Applause.) The best thing for Arkansas, the best thing for the taxpayers of Arkansas, the best thing for the schoolchildren of Arkansas is to reelect Mike Huckabee. (Applause.) ..............

I'm here in Arkansas asking all the good citizens of this state, Republicans and Democrats, independents, people who don't give a hoot about politics, to do your duty as Americans. You have an obligation. But when you get in that voting booth I do have some suggestions. (Laughter.) Hutchinson and Huckabee. (Applause.)

No, I'm proud to call Mike Huckabee friend. I knew him -- known him for a long while. We were both governors together, and I've watched his passion when it comes to education. See, education is to a state what national defense is to the federal government. It's the most important responsibility of the state government, I think. And Mike shares that point of view.

I was here a while ago to talk about advance reading programs, states which have changed their curriculum to make sure that every child could learn to read. One of the first states that I came to was one of the first states that responded -- this state of Arkansas, led by your Governor, stepped up to the plate to make sure that every child can learn how to read. (Applause.)

No, he's got a heart. He cares deeply about everybody in this state. See, the thing I like about Mike, he's not one of the fellows that travels around the state saying, well, I'll try to help these folks only because they agree with me politically. Mike Huckabee cares for everybody in Arkansas. And that's why, coming Tuesday, this good state is going to send this good man, with overwhelming numbers, back to the statehouse. (Applause.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release
February 25, 2006

President's Radio Address
......I'll also discuss with governors our progress in the war on terror. The states are playing a vital role in the war effort through the contributions of their National Guard units. During the past two years, many governors have traveled to Iraq or Afghanistan to visit with the men and women from their states who are serving in freedom's cause. These governors have seen firsthand the courage of our troops and their dedication to the mission. Last month, Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee visited Iraq and Afghanistan with three of his fellow governors. He said: "People back home need to realize just how proud they should be of our men and women here. It is obvious these troops remain upbeat and focused on ridding the world of terrorists.
---------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! :-)

God Bless,
Jonathon

kycoalition.blogspot.com

Justin said...

Yeah I was surprised to see the comments by both clinton and bush.

God bless you too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for digging up and sharing that information. We are so thankful for someone with godly character running for president.
The Mahoneys